Monday, May 2, 2011

4/30-5/1, 2011 I competed in the USCRA's Spring Moto Giro at Jiminy Peak, Ma. on my '53 Moto Guzzi Airone. To my knowledge, this has been the oldest bike competing in every Giro I've entered and I believe this past weekend was no exception. That's about the only glory I can claim for this Giro, as I finished near last of the 125 entrants. Sat. I assembled my roll chart backward and set out on Sunday's morning's route on Sat. I thought it odd that there was no one at the stamp checks, but it wasn't until I got to the lunch stop and found no one there that I finally figured out what I had done. So I 'mad dogged it' to the real Sat. lunch stop and was able to do the pm route, though I, along with many others, blew the last agility test. Sun. I had a good ride in absolutely gorgeous weather. I did have one incident when the back end stepped out big time making a tight turn. I found my axle nuts were loose. It must have been sabotage. Nuts tightened back up, I was able to continue and finish in my normal mediocre fashion. But, as always, I had a blast.
Star of the event was Devon Frazier, an enthusiastic young woman who appears to be a natural. She took over all low score on a '61 Moto Guzzi Zigolo 110cc, a truly outstanding performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment